PSC’s HVDC team are specialists and offer extensive expertise in the design, project management, operation, installation, commissioning and maintenance of HVDC transmission systems. This includes mercury arc converters, thyristor converters and voltage source converters.
Our people are committed and passionate and bring a level of understanding that reflects our organisation’s deep and long connection with the electricity industry.
PSC can cover all aspects of a HVDC project, including the AC grid interfaces and controls. You will find PSC an experienced partner with the breadth of knowledge and capability you can trust.
PSC HVDC services include:
- Specification and design of HVDC transmission systems
- System studies and reliability studies
- Controls development and testing, including factory system testing
- Specification, factory testing and commissioning of associated SCADA systems
- Main circuit plant and controls installation and commissioning
- Preparation of test and commissioning plans, co-ordination of system tests with grid operators and affected parties
- Project management
- Operations and maintenance support, including 24 x 7 support
- Training of operating and technical support staff
- Technical investigations
- Communications design, installation and commissioning, including OPGW and general fibre-optic
- Development of operator training simulators
- Development of performance reporting packages
Enquire about this service: